CSS Horizontal Buttons by Css3Menu.com

Green Tree
Animal Control Services
(Via Allegheny County Dispatch)

Also handles the Animal Control Lost Pet Project with Neighboring Communities

Animal ControlSince 1995, all animal control services have been provided to the Borough of Green Tree through a contract with Mt. Lebanon. Animal Control Services are available Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. and on weekends from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Emergency calls are accepted twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. You may contact them through the non-emergency County dispatch number at 412-279-6911.

Animal Control's main office is housed in Upper St. Clair behind the USC Municipal Center where a fully equipped kennel (Clair's Kennel) is available to temporarily house unclaimed or lost animals.

Green Tree is a participant is Animal Control's Lost Pet Project to help reunite lost pets with their owners. All communities who utilize Animal Control's services are notified of lost pets and provided with information and photos of the animals in their facility. These are posted on Green Tree's website and Facebook in an effort to spread the word about the lost animals and find their owners.


Animal Control provides
the following services:

  • Pick up dogs, cats and wild animals running at large.
  • Remove all types of animals from inside or outside of the house.
  • Pick up all road-killed animals.
  • Set box traps.
  • Transport various animals to the County Health Department for Rabies Test.
  • Patrol Streets.
  • Return pets to their owners.
  • Write fines, warnings and citations.
  • Maintain a Lost and Found Animal Log.

Their services DO NOT
include the following:

  • Inhumane animal treatment or barking dog complaints - Contact Green Tree Police Department via dispatch at 412-279-6911.
  • Domestic pet removal - Contact your private veterinarian.
  • Calls involving skunks - Contact private company.
  • Rats - Contact Borough of Green Tree 412-921-1110. Baiting is done by a licensed employee of the Public Works Department.
All Animal Control officers are easily identified by their uniforms and receive calls through the County's 9-1-1 Dispatch Center. If an Animal Control Officer is not readily available for an emergency in Green Tree, they will ask for assistance from the Green Tree Police Department until they can arrive on the scene.

* * * * * * *

dogMake sure your dog is properly licensed. Animal Licenses are issued through Allegheny County. Your dog should wear his/her license on its collar to assist Animal Control Officers to quickly identify a dog and return it to his/her owners. Allegheny County dog licenses must be renewed each year.

Click here for more information to register your dog in Allegheny County.



Calendar of Events
Report a Concern
Contact Us